Things we found hot on design blogs this week, enjoy the selection below
1. Using a heated Icarus Art Drawing Board, which she invented, Italian artist Ester Roi creates beautiful, photorealistic pictures that explore the interaction of water with nature.
2. Analog Smell Recording with Amy Radcliffe’s ‘Madeline’
3. Mirror City by Michael Shainblum: A Kaleidoscopic Timelapse of Chicago, San Francisco, San Diego, Vegas and L.A.
4. Kerry Miller‘s intricately carved 3D artworks from old books
5. The Tokyo Night Stroll is a lovely animated short by Tao Tajima
6. Sergio Albiac has created an automated process that takes portraits and creates generative collages, from them using images from the Hubble Space Telescope.
7. Birds Made of Flower Petals and Leaves by Red Hong Yi